Re: Explicit dash rebaseall instructions from a CMD.EXE shell requested

On 2018-01-04 19:21, Erik Soderquist wrote:
When I had to rebase, I had to track down and stop all cygwin services
as well.  I went to Windows Task Manager, added the image path name
and sorted by it to find what all from cygwin was still running, and
shut them down.

Maybe just for the record, the Windows command line tool tasklist.exe
can list you all the Cygwin processes if you use the /m option.

# tasklist.exe /m cygwin1.dll

It sits in the System32 directory should you need an absolute path.

You can also automate the kill-all-those-processes operation with
this Batch code:

#
# cd C:\Cygwin64\Bin
#
# bash -c "/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/taskkill -f $(/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/tasklist.exe /m cygwin1.dll | /bin/tail -n +4 | while read a b c; do echo -en /pid $b ''; done)"
#
# ash.exe /bin/rebaseall -v
#

Please note that the part starting with   bash   and ends with   done)"
is a single line.

If using it, check if the   tail -n +4   works for your version of Windows.

best regards,

Herbert