This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: flex package POSIX violation
- From: Gerrit Haase <gerrit dot haase at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 15:37:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: flex package POSIX violation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
2017-12-31 22:13 GMT+01:00 Steven Penny writes:
> The POSIX standard, at least since 1997 , requires the presence of a
> Most systems (including Cygwin) provide a Lex implementation via the "flex"
> package. However with other OS, a "lex -> flex" symlink is provided, whereas
> Cygwin package does not.
> Please resolve this, thanks.
>  http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xcu/lex.html
Maybe to 'request' something is not the best approach to resolve your issue?
A better way to handle issues like this would be:
you provide a patch to handle the issue and the maintainer of the
package may then decide to incorporate your patch.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple