This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
sed match DOS end of line
- From: Steve Harlow <sharlow1 at san dot rr dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:25:20 -0800
- Subject: sed match DOS end of line
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
With 'sed' (GNU sed) version 4.4 I am seeing that '$' doesn't match end
of line with windows type text files.
It looks like something like this happened and was fixed on version 4.2.2.
Here is the original complaint at the time. I'm seeing the same thing
with version 4.4.
Do I not have some environment variable set correctly? Is this a bug in sed?
I see that I can install the older version, 220.127.116.11. Looks like that
might take a step backwards on some libraries too. compiler-rt(5.0.1-1),
libc++devel (5.0.1-1), libc++1 (5.0.1-1), etc. Is that the right way to go?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple