This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebase segmentation fault
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:53:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: rebase segmentation fault
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <EC918951-4A16-4469-B057-5DEC00041699@Denis-Excoffier.org> <20170717083549.GA3345@calimero.vinschen.de> <20170717090522.GB3345@calimero.vinschen.de>
> On 2017-07-17 11:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 17 10:35, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Jul 16 19:16, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>>> I have a Cygwin installation under Windows 7 (32 bits).
>>> After 'rebase-trigger full' and 'Setup', autorebase seems to finish
>>> okay, but the /etc/rebase.db.i386 remains absent after that. Not a
>>> real problem after all (since rebase was functioning well until some
>>> recent date and all is already rebased), but some third party builds
>>> (like e.g. perl) insist on the presence of the /etc/rebase.db.i386
>>> Indeed, rebase segfaults in rebase.c and nothing is rebased. This
>>> occurs (see rebase-4.4.2) immediately after "Skip trailing entries as
>>> long as there is no hole." because at some point, all
>>> img_info_list[end].base are equal to 0, the while() is getting always
>>> true, and the variable 'end' is decremented by 1 at every iteration,
>>> until it reaches -1 where the segfault occurs.
>> Patches welcome!
> Never mind:
Please someone to build a new version of the rebase package with this modification included?
Thanks in advance,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple