Re: Future of 32-bit distro

On 12/01/18 18:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
If it is not possible for the entire 32-bit distribution to function as
a whole, is it time to reconsider how much we provide for 32-bit?  And
when can we just drop 32-bit entirely?

I suspect there are a great number of people running 32-bit Windows, even if the underlying hardware is capable of running 64-bit. For that reason, I would argue against dropping 32-bit support at the moment - even if it increases my work as a package maintainer.

Would it be possible for 'setup_x86.exe' to give a warning if run on a 64-bit OS? That might help.

Dave.