This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Ejecting a USB drive using Cygwin (sync)?
- From: Ronald Fischer <ynnor at mm dot st>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:14:17 +0100
- Subject: Ejecting a USB drive using Cygwin (sync)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm looking for a command, which would allow me from a shell script to prepare the removal of a USB device (stick, external hard drive etc.). With other words, after issuing the command, I should be able to physically remove the USB device.
Can the `sync` command be used, for instance
sync -f /cygdrive/e
assuming that the USB device is on drive E:? The man page of *sync* is a bit vague in this respect. Or is there another Cygwin command which can be used for this purpose?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple