This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libclang5.0 is 250 MB?
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 09:48:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: libclang5.0 is 250 MB?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> libclang4.0 is only 8 MB, so this seems like a mistake. True?
Unpacked, libclang5.0-5.0.1-1 is 2.0 GB. It's because the DLLs in usr/bin
weren't stripped. After stripping, the unpacked footprint is 40 MB.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple