This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
xhost: unable to open display ""
- From: "Waltz, James" <JWaltz at som dot umaryland dot edu>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 20:59:16 +0000
- Subject: xhost: unable to open display ""
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=JWaltz at som dot umaryland dot edu;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
I think that I have installed all the necessary packages, but I still get the above error, when I type “xhost +” on my local machine.
I am also still getting a “cannot open display: localhost:10.0” error.
This is DESPITE the fact that:
- I set DISPLAY to “localhost:10.0”
- X11Forwarding is set to “yes” in the sshd_config file
- I changed the “hosts” file, under /etc to have actual IP addresses.
Any idea why this might be happening?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple