Re: mandb -p deleting "obsolete" Windows cat directories

Am 23.01.2018 um 02:49 schrieb Brian Inglis:

I was surprised when I looked at the log (attached, with lots of man directory > indexing stripped), that mandb -p decide to scan my C drive and
perform the

It probably wasn't actually scanning "the C drive" as such, but rather the neighboring directories of those listed in your $PATH to discover further worthy additions to $MANPATH. And since %windir% and %windir%\System32 are on the default Cygwin $PATH...