This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Searching full, portable Cygwin package for windows and NOT just the installer
- From: "Ben via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: Cygwin MailList <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 06:56:25 +0100
- Subject: Searching full, portable Cygwin package for windows and NOT just the installer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Ben <bxstover at yahoo dot co dot uk>
When I go to web page
then I can download CygWin from there (currently the file "setup-x86_64.exe").
Unfortunately this file is just an installer which retrieves in turn several other files from Internet and remote servers.
Since I have no overview what is downloaded from which server I distrust such installers in general.
I prefer full packages which contains everything needed and can be inspected in advance (e.g. by virus scanners) before
99,9% of all software is offered in such a way.
Why use Cygwin such a fishy distribution way?
Is there really no full package to download?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple