This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Setup Version
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Juergen Ernst Guenther <muftix at rrr dot de>, The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 13:31:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Setup Version
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/02/2018 14:01, Juergen Ernst Guenther wrote:
sorry for bothering you.
Firstly, do not send me personal email.
Please read http://cygwin.com/problems.html#personal-email, particularly
the section starting "Shouldn't I just send email to straight to a
Cygwin developer or package maintainer?"
- Is there a simple way from command line
to get the version number od setup_x86.exe,
like -V or -version?
In setup.log there is a version number, but
I want to avoid the GUI.
A patch to add such an option would be useful.
- The setup version shown in
seems to be a bit newer than of the ones to be downloaded at
These are release candidate versions.
- Is there a way to find out the setup versions on https://cygwin.com/
before downloading them?
You can search the cygwin-announce mailing list archive for the most
recent setup announcement?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple