This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why does /etc/setup/installed.db list tar.bz2 even if tar.xz
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 18:19:25 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Why does /etc/setup/installed.db list tar.bz2 even if tar.xz
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 23:48:00, <cygwin at kosowsky dot org> wrote:
The installed.db seems to always list packages as being tar.bz2 even
when they are tar.xz.
Is there any reason for this? Or is it a bug?
This is an old thread, but it appears this issue was never answered and
persists. For example, /etc/setup/installed.db has entries like this:
gawk gawk-4.2.0-1.tar.bz2 0
which which-2.20-2.tar.bz2 0
but not all the files are actually bz2:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple