This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup 2.887 release candidate - please test
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 15:04:49 +0000
- Subject: setup 2.887 release candidate - please test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.887.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.887.x86.exe (32 bit version)
Please test and report any problems here.
This is not the place for setup feature requests.
Changes compared to 2.884:
User visible changes:
- 'Current' is replaced by 'Best' (which is slightly different in ways
it's difficult to summarize briefly) and 'Sync' (which exposes the
--force-current (distupgrade) option through the UI).
- These are modified by a 'Test' checkbox, which allows test packages to
- The "prereq" page showing dependencies which will be added is replaced
by "problems" page showing problems found by the dependency solver, with
- A "confirm" page is added showing all the changes which will be made.
- Uses the libsolv dependency solver, rather than a home-made one.
- Add support for 'depends2: package (relation version) [...]', in a
version section in setup.ini
- Add support for 'obsoletes:' in setup.ini, likewise
- Add support for 'replace-versions:' in a package section setup.ini, to
indicate problematic versions.
- Query the user for action to take if a corrupt local file is found
- Validate package hash after download
- Any MessageBox shown during setup.ini parsing is now modal
A big 'thank you' to Ken Brown for all his work on this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple