Re: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb  6 11:29, PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:
On Feb  5 15:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
[...]
I've pushed a few patches and uploaded new developer snapshots to
https://cygwin.com/snapshots.  Please give them a try.

with the snapshot of cygwin1.dll and using bindresvport() from Cygwin
for libtirpc (instead of the original bindresvport() from libtirpc)
all my testcases work without error.

Many thanks
Raimund

Thanks for testing.  Please note that this should work most of the time,
but is still not 100% foolproof.  There's a systematic race between
checking existing connections and calling bind which can't be easily
worked around by Cygwin.  Still, should be better than before :}

Great to read this latest status. I'll shortly submit a libtirpc patch to stub out its own version of bindresvport() in favor of Cygwin's version.
Thanks all,

..mark