Re: cygwin stopped working

On 11 February 2018 at 01:18, Andreas Schiffler  wrote:
> Terminal (bash) fails with:
> Error: Could not fork child process: Resource temporarily unavailable (-1).
> DLL rebasing may be required; see 'rebaseall / rebase --help'.
> bash-4.4$ ls
>       1 [main] bash (6316) C:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap
> base mismatch detected - 0x3922410/0x3962410.
> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
> DLL.
> I do have another version of the cygwin dll file on the system (Plex
> installation) but that never caused any issues in the past.

The method I use is to define CYGWIN_NOWINPATH=1 before I start
cygwin. Actually, I set it in my Windows User environment so it is
always set for my user. You can find the old windows path as the value
of the environment variable ORIGINAL_PATH. Then, when necessary, I add
only the previous path components that I require back in my
.bash_profile. In my cases,My path looks like:

$ echo $PATH

In your case, you may have Plex in your path. Make sure any Plex
related directories are not in your cygwin path.

A Google (or similar) search for "CYGWIN_NOWINPATH" will find many
pages on and

Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from