Re: cygcheck failing to find file

On Feb 21 07:46, Fergus Daly wrote:
> >> Cygcheck is a native Windows executable .. ..

> >> I pushed a fix and uploaded new developer snapshots to
> >> https://cygwin.de/snapshots/
> >> Please give them a try.
>
> I tried your link above but got "HTTP 404 Not found".

Duh, I did it again, didn't I?  I'm constantly mixing up my
personal de domain with cygwin.com.  Sorry about that!

> Just in case this was your intention I tried the latest cygwin1.dll
> snapshot from
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> being 20180216 but still got
> > $ cygcheck /d/src/sc.exe
> > cygcheck: could not find '/d/src/sc.exe'
>
> I just tried the 20180220 snapshot; but still get
> > $ cygcheck /d/src/sc.exe
> > cygcheck: could not find '/d/src/sc.exe'

Apparently you only updated the Cygwin DLL, not the entire package
including the utilities packed with the DLL.  However, see the important
parts of my reply you snipped away:

  Cygcheck is a native Windows executable and thus does not use Cygwin's
  path handling (in contrast to md5sum, for instance).  Rather it uses a
  home grown version and this in turn has a bug when checking the cygdrive
  prefix against the incoming path.  Everything goes, just not '/' alone.

So the patch I applied affected cygcheck, not the Cygwin DLL.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat