This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Printing (lpr, print, cat > <various names> returns printer not valid or no longer available
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:10:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Printing (lpr, print, cat > <various names> returns printer not valid or no longer available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 23/02/2018 16:35, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Rodney Barnhart!
It was a long time since I last tried smth like this, but I can replicte your
issues. Even if the job was sent to printer, it results in error.
On another hand, running text files trough
convert text:... pdf:- | lpr -lP '//$HOSTNAME/Device'
did produce some usable results. With PDFCreator.
It appears, the data sent to the printer must be understood by the printer
of course, it is also reported on the manual:
lpr spools a file to the specified printer device. No
formatting is done -- data is sent "raw". This is useful,
for example, for sending Postscript data to a Postscript printer.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple