Re: question about running a linux-compat java prog under cygwin

R0b0t1 wrote:
Should be unnecessary. The manufacturer probably picked Java for its
cross-platform capabilities.
---
	maybe...with their new card, it's managed via a
web-server (NGinx) that gets installed -- then they look for
what web browser you are running.

	In the case of IE - they instantly assume it is
"edge"...which only runs on Win10...talk about LAME.

The one sticking point is I see no way a
pure Java program can interact with a RAID controller, so I suspect
there is a platform-specific portion somewhere.
---
	Hmm....no sockets? or maybe talking to it with
SNMP?
Guess I'll find out...thanks for the response...at
least I know I can go whichever route offers least resistance.