Re: setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory

Ken Brown writes:
>> I think there's no actual dependency of libfontconfig-common on
>> xmlcatalog, but we lack a triggering mechanism to say "run this
>> script when this other package is installed"
>
> /etc/postinstall/fontconfig_dtd.sh could check whether
> /etc/postinstall/libxml2.sh exists.  If so, it could run it and then
> add '.done' so it isn't run again.

While this seems to maybe solve this particular problem, I really don't
think that it is a good idea to have postinstall scripts run other
postinstall scripts and then deactivate them behind the back of
setup.exe.  Please let's not go there, if there is a general need to
coordinate among postinstall scripts let's try to solve that within
setup (the stratified postinstall concept does allow for something like
that, it's just not yet fully specified or implemented).

Regards.
Achim.