Re: texlive-collection-basic requires Perl to be removed

I am writing this from an OpenBSD machine. I can indeed confirm that Perl is in the base sytem. Those pages you reference don't show every program in the base system, they merely show the install file sets. You obviously have little experience with *BSD, please don't trumpet misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about.

Cheers,

Jordan Geoghegan