how to get pulseaudio to work?

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Fri Nov 2 23:37:00 GMT 2018

I've tried to get pulseaudio to run on my local win computer
to output sound through the default device.

Instead, all I get is:
>  pulseaudio -nF default.pa
W: [(null)] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped
now, but that's impossible because PulseAudio was built without
capabilities support.
E: [(null)] main.c: Daemon startup failed.

Tried starting under cmd using psexec and telling it to
use
    -s         Run the remote process in the System account.
and use system instance, and get:

W: [(null)] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped
now, but th
at's impossible because PulseAudio was built without capabilities support.
N: [(null)] main.c: System mode refused for non-root user. Only starting
the D-B
us server lookup service.
E: [(null)] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
C:\bin\pulseaudio.exe exited on Athenae with error code 1.

------------

Who is root?  and why the prob with caps on cygwin?
I mean -- it shouldn't give an error -- what caps is it
concerned about dropping?

So tried it as SYSTEM for system instance -- didn't like that
tried it as limited user, and really didn't like that.

Does it work for anyone?

On Win7SP1.

attached is cygcheck.out
thanks in-advance!