Bug: No json support anymore in Ruby 2.3.6

Ronald Fischer ynnor@mm.st
Tue Nov 20 15:17:00 GMT 2018

For modules which, according to the Ruby-Docs, are supposed to be in the stdlib, no Gem installation must be necessary.

With other words: A Ruby application which only uses features from the stdlib, should run on any other Ruby installation (of compatible version) without the requirement of installing a Gem.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018, at 14:13, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 11/20/2018 3:41 AM, Ronald Fischer wrote:
> > Since I updated Ruby to 2.3.6, the standard library json is missing:
> >
> >   ruby -e 'require "json"'
> > /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': cannot load such file -- json (LoadError)
> >          from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> >          from -e:1:in `<main>'
>
> Install the ruby-json package.
>
> Ken
> B‹KCB”