AF_UNIX/AF_LOCAL

sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com sten.kristian.ivarsson@gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:46:39 GMT 2020

Hey folks (probably Corinna more specifically)

As far as I know the "unix domain socket implementation" is not really
complete

We tried it and it didn't work for our purposes (the symptoms were UDP-like,
i.e. it seemed that some messages were lost along the way (or possibly ended
up in the wrong order)

As far as I understand, Microsoft/WinSock support AF_UNIX/AF_LOCAL with (at
least) SOCK_STREAM (I do not really know what system dependencies it
requires though and thus the Cygwin implementation might not utilize that at
all?)

The branch topic/af_unix seems to address this issue, so our question is if
anyone knows the status of the AF_UNIX/AF_LOCAL progress ?

We'd be glad to help out testing the topic/af_unix (if it is kind of freshly
rebased from the master-branch), but maybe it's just early work-in-progress
?

Best regards,
Kristian