A Bug related to ImageTk in Python on Cygwin

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt@gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:58:31 GMT 2021

Hi again,

Am Di., 19. Okt. 2021 um 16:15 Uhr schrieb Friedrich Romstedt
<friedrichromstedt@gmail.com>:

> Okay, I'll try:
>
> -   To downgrade harfbuzz and/or freetype2 if the Cygwin package
> database allows to do so;
>
> -   Remove the resp. devel packages and try to rebuild Pillow without them.

I did both; it didn't solve the problem either.  My findings of today
in the matter are accessible via
https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-02#upgrading-freetype2-and-harfbuzz.
Maybe my notes help in finding a clue about what is going wrong.

The most significant conclusion I can make is that it seems the
problem is *not* freetype2 or harfbuzz related, because the error
persists also when building Pillow *without* the freetype2 and
harfbuzz devel packages (see
https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-02#building-pillow-without-freetype2-and-harfbuzz).
Unfortunately, I cannot really verify that Pillow detects freetype2
and harfbuzz as *missing* (from the existing logs).

Maybe I should consult Pillow Upstream?

-Friedrich