OpenSSL failure in Cygwin: SSL_set_tlsext_host_name returns 1 (SSL_TLSEXT_ERR_ALERT_WARNING)

Yuri yuri@rawbw.com
Mon May 8 17:50:25 GMT 2023

On 5/8/23 10:40, Achim Gratz via Cygwin wrote:
> The port might not be open in the standard configuration of the Windows
> firewall.  Maybe you can use either openssl or curl to check what
> happens when you are trying to connect.

It looks like this function is used incorrectly, and it actually
succeeds in Cygwin (returns 1) and fails on Linux/BSD (returns 0).

The upstream needs to fix this first.

I managed to make the program to work by making this just a warning.

Yuri