This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup with HTTPS mirror
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 19:26:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup with HTTPS mirror
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <87oa6di7t3.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 04/07/16 19:20, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
I'm setting up a local Cygwin package mirror, serving the files over
HTTPS. I'm having difficulty getting the Setup executable to fetch the
setup.ini file. Does Cygwin's setup support HTTPS, or is it HTTP only?
I think it's HTTP only at the moment. I have no idea how difficult it'd
be to add HTTPS, but if you want to do it correctly it would add quite a
bit of stuff. Note that HTTPS only gives you opaqueness, not any extra
That's really helpful - thanks. I'll switch to plain old HTTP.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple