This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
windows 10 native ubuntu hijacked sshd and starts DOS shell
- From: reik red <reikred at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 23:21:45 -0700
- Subject: windows 10 native ubuntu hijacked sshd and starts DOS shell
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: reikred at gmail dot com
I updated my windows 10 laptop to the new "anniversary edition", which includes a "native" Ubuntu linux environment,
which includes a bash shell and other packages.
When I later tried to ssh into win10, I discovered that I no longer get a login to cygwin, but rather to Ubuntu (and
with a new known_hosts fingerprint, as could be expected). Moreover, the login shell is not even bash but some sort of
My question is: Has anyone figured out how to steal sshd back to Cygwin, or, alternatively, to redirect the Ubuntu sshd
to start a Cygwin shell? Because Win10/ubuntu is very new, there seems to be not much information out there.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple